Myo-Inositol – The Forgotten Vitamin B8 Complex
[ Just a heads up that we are moving to a new site call Inositol Australia – inositol.com.au. There is a cheaper subscription option for this product there.]
Fitbits Inositol is the vegan form Myo-Inositol derived from corn, unlike the cheaper chemically synthesised forms.
Myo-inositol is found naturally in plants such as
- citrus fruits,
- grains and
which should comfort you to know that this is a very safe health supplement.
It was once considered to be a B vitamin called B8, which may have been due to the positive effects it has on people’s state of mind with certain conditions.
These days it is just considered a supplement for
- women’s health,
- diabetic health and
- mental health
that can help you feel more in control, energised and confident every day.
Most concentrations of Myo-Inositol are found in the brain and heart.
It is synthesised in the liver where it may help to reduce fat absorption & reduce the risk of damage from steatohepatitis or fatty liver disease.
Research has found that Inositol is an effective treatment for:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Panic Disorders
- Lithium therapy side effects such as Psoriasis
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Further research is required to confirm that is may help with:
- High cholesterol
- Some cancers
- Promoting hair growth
- High blood pressure
Evidence does not support its use for treating:
- Diabetic nerve pain
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Directions for Use:
Always consult your GP to determine if Inositol is right for you.
With that said the taste is sweet but far less than sugar so you can mix it with juice or even just in a glass of water.
Restrict drinking caffeinated beverages when using inositol as caffeine can reduce the effectiveness.
(Mind you some energy drinks contain caffeine and inositol.)
Typical does are
- 14-18g per day in 6 equal doses throughout the day for mental health related uses.
- 2-4 g per day before breakfast or 30 minutes before going to bed for non-mental health related uses.
- Side effects are very rare and minimal making it a very safe supplement for most people.
- They may include nausea, tiredness, headache & dizziness.
- If in doubt start with small doses and build up to recommended.
Not Recommended For:
- Not for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Not for people suffering Bi-Polar disorder
- 100% Plant based Myo-Inositol.
- Store below 30°C, away from direct sunlight.
- Seal container immediately and store in a cool dry place