Why Take A Glycine Powder Supplement?
If you’re not getting quality sleep, your skin is not as young looking as you’d like or maybe suffering from cognitive issues then Glycine Supplementation may be for you. Scientific research has shown that Glycine powder, sometimes called L Glycine, may help people with certain conditions such as:
- Sleep Disorders
- Skin Beauty – 1/3 of collagen is Glycine
- Metabolism Problems
- Detox Needs
For Body Builders Glycine powder supplementation helps to
- increase protein synthesis by as much as 80% and
- reduce protein degradation by up to 30%.
What Is The Correct Glycine Supplement Dosage?
The correct glycine dosage depends on your body size. You should also consider the timing of your l glycine supplementation.
- For body builders the recommended glycine dose is 0.03g/kg/day – so if your a 100kg guy that would be 3g per day taken with your protein shot with 30 minutes of finishing a workout.
- The general guideline for glycine dosage for sleep and all other health conditions excluding schizophrenia is 3g taken 60-30 minutes before bed.
- The dosage for schizophrenia are very high and generally impractical being 800mg/kg bodyweight. For example a 100kg guy would then be taking 80g per day for 6 weeks. If that were 6 equal doses every 2 hours that dosage would be 13g of Glycine every couple of hours.
How to Get More Glycine In Your Diet?
Glycine in found naturally in:
- Meat, Dairy, Chicken and Fish
- Legumes such as Tofu and Soy protein.
- Nuts such as Sesame Seeds and Sunflower Seeds
- Vegetables such as Spirulina, Watercress, Spinach, Cauliflower, Cabbage
If you don’t have ready access to these or perhaps you have allergies that preclude eating these foods then a Glycine Supplement Powder is very convenient and low cost way to get the recommended dose.
Typical costs are under Australian 20 cents per serve.
As always please consult your GP or Strength & Conditioning coach for advice specific to your personal circumstances before taking Glycine supplements.
What are the benefits Of Glycine Supplements?
But here are some great things you should know about supplementing with Glycine:
- It is really effective to improve sleep and recovery which means after as little as a few days you will wake up with more energy feeling more refreshed.
- The taste is sweet and mixes well with just about anything. This means you can easily incorporate it into whatever you currently eat. Don’t feel stressed that you need to make up exotic smoothies or fruit juice blends. Just add it to a cup of tea or glass of water 60 minutes before bed.
- It is really good for the skin. Did you know that 1/3 of the collagen that keeps our skin firm and taught is made from Glycine? That is why it is in so many cosmetic lotions. You will be slowing the effects of ageing and getting noticed.
- The cost per serve is under 20 cents. Literally you have many more silver coins in the console of your car than it costs to supplement glycine.
What do people say who take Glycine Powder?
But you needn’t take my word for it.
Here are what some other people that take Glycine as a supplement say.
Great anti-aging supplement and for insomnia
I love this product! I began taking glycine when I heard Dr Jonathan Wright talk about the benefits. Glycine is a nonessential amino acid which basically means your body can manufacture it. It is used to repair your body tissues and it is estimated that your body needs about 10 grams of the stuff to effectively repair and replace cells. Unfortunately, like most every other processes, your body stops producing as much glycine as you age. So, Dr Wright suggests supplementing glycine especially for people like me who are not young. Not only does this stuff help repair my body but it also helps me sleep. I take 3 to 5 grams at bedtime and it helps me drift off. Anyone who has trouble falling asleep or staying asleep needs to try this product. Using this along with melatonin has cured any sleep problems I experienced in the past.
Love the anti-aging properties
Since I started taking Glycine 5 months ago (2 grams in the morning, 2 grams at night) I am sleeping much better, and my aging 50 year-old skin looks noticeably more youthful. Also, my greying hair has reverted almost entirely back to my natural colour. I have actually been told by more than one person that I look like I am ageing in reverse. I love this stuff.
So just to recap, Glycine can help you get:
- The best nights sleep you’ve had in years
- Fresher, healthier and younger looking skin
- A healthier gut with
- A strong intuition and feeling of self confidence.
If you have been putting off doing anything for some time, you have already missed out on too much and paid to high a price.
You can’t see and smell the colourful flowers when you are surrounded by a thick fog.
When you think about it, we spend 8 out of 24 hours a day in bed. One third of our life and just a teaspoon of Glycine might be all it takes to improve that portion with knock on effects for the other two thirds!
So the time to start is now and it is just so easy.
Choose your size above and Hit the Add To Basket button now
and for less than 20 cents a serve you can start going forward.
AVG QTY PER SERVING
AVG QTY PER 100g
Serving per 500g package
- Glycine for Your Gains? Glycine Boosts Protein Synthesis (80%), Reduces Protein Degradation (-30%) in Muscle Cells http://suppversity.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/glycine-for-your-gains-glycine-boosts.html 12-Apr -2017
- Glycine, https://examine.com/supplements/glycine/ 12-Apr-2017
- Foods highest in Glycine, Self Nutrition Data, http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-016094000000000000000.html?maxCount=11,12-Apr -2017
- Glycine, Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycine 12-Apr-2017
- Glycine : The amino acid that is necessary for central nervous system function and a healthy prostate. https://blissreturned.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/glycine-the-amino-acid-that-is-necessary-for-central-nervous-system-function-and-a-healthy-prostate/
- Glycine: The Muscle-Building, Brain-Boosting Amino Acid that Benefits the Entire Body https://draxe.com/glycine/ 12-Apr -2017