Here are a few lists of healthy habits intended to help people get ideas about habits they want to build for themselves as part of our Free 4 Week Habit Challenge. If you have a habit not listed here that would be good to add please leave a comment below.
Nutritional Habit Examples
- Eat a lean palm-sized serve of protein every meal.
- Eat a fist-sized serve of vegetables or fruit every meal.
- Plan your food for next day the night before.
- Keep a photo record of everything that you put in your mouth.
- Take 10 chews of every bite you eat to slow down & be more mindful.
- Only eat until you are 8/10 full.
- Start fasting at sundown for 13 hours a day.
- Drink a cup of water 30 minutes before a meal and 30 minutes after a meal.
- No refined white sugar all day.
- Daily Omega 3 supplements or healthy oils.
- No white carbs all day.
- No binge eating at night.
Exercise Habit Examples
- Put on exercise shoes every evening.
- Daily morning walk.
- Run 5k per day.
- Weights 3 times per week.
- HIIT cardio 3x per week.
- Park the car at the back of the carpark.
- Always take the stairs.
- Bike to work.
- Morning bodyweight drill – pushups, sit ups, burpees, squats.
- 10000 steps
- 7-minute workout
- Zombie run couch to 5k.
Mindfulness Habit Examples
- Morning meditation practice.
- Morning Yoga Practice.
- Walk on the beach.
- Sitting by stream.
- Mindful eating fruit each morning.
- Daily pages / 800 words.
- Daily Journalling.
- Dinner gratitude practice.
- Intentional Listening Practice – Coffee with friends. 🙂
- Pre-sleep routines (airport mode phone, air con on, read a book, glycine etc).
- End of workday task list review & next day calendar check.
- Social media free day.
- Breathing exercises.
Mobility Habit Examples
- Morning mobility drill.
- Pre / Post workout stretching.
- Yoga practice.
- Foundation back stretches.
- Stretching breaks at work.
- Stand up desk timed daily goal.
- Walk at lunch.
- Broomstick or Exercise band stretching routines.